I LOVE MY CHICKEN RECIPES!
Miso soba-noodle soup with oven roasted chicken strips
Meal soup, 4 persons
cooking time, 15 min.
2 ‘miso’ bouillon cubes or miso pasta (organic store)
180 g soba noodles
125 g shiitake mushrooms
1 head of pak choi
250 g ‘TrustMyChicken™’ oven roasted chicken strips
1 small tray of shiso purple cress and sesame seeds for garnishing
- Bring the water to a boil and add the bouillon cubes. Cook the noodles (according to the instructions on the package) in 4 minutes until done and rinse them in a sieve under cold water. Boil the eggs for about 6 minutes (in boiling water) for soft boiled eggs. Cut the mushrooms and pak choi into strips.
- Heat the chicken strips according to the instructions on the package. Cook the pak choi and mushrooms gently for a few minutes in the broth. Scoop them out of the broth with a slotted spoon and divide them into soup bowls. Bring the broth to the boiling and peel the eggs.
- Divide the soba noodles and chicken strips into the bowls and scoop up the hot broth. Halve the eggs and divide them evenly between the bowls. Garnish with cress and sesame seeds.
Spice up your soup by adding a dash of Japanese soy sauce to the broth.
Vegetable ‘spaghetti’ with fried chicken tenderloin pieces
Main dish, 2 persons
cooking time 30 min.
1 garlic glove
olive oil (for frying)
2 cans peeled tomato pieces (800 g)
2 sweet potatoes
250 g ‘TrustMyChicken™’ fried chicken tenderloin pieces
a bunch of fresh basil
Utensils needed: spiral vegetable cutter.
- Finely chop the garlic and onion. Heat some oil in a large frying pan and lightly sauté the onion and garlic. Add the peeled tomato pieces, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let it gently reduce to tomato sauce while stirring occasionally. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Cut the zucchini and the potato in the spiral cutter into ‘vegetable spaghetti’.
- Cook the chicken pieces (according to the instructions on the package) for a few minutes with some oil in a frying pan. Sautée the vegetables in another frying pan just for a few minutes. Stir in a few spoons full of tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Put the spaghetti on plates and scoop the chicken pieces on top. Sprinkle with coarsely chopped basil and add the remaining tomato sauce separately.
Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Spinach salad with friendly fried chicken chunks, walnut, pomegranate and za-atar dressing
Lunch or main dish, 4 persons
cooking time 20 min.
200 g fresh spinach
450 g ‘TrustMyChicken™’ fried chicken chunks
4 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. za’atar (middle east spice mixture, supermarket)
2 tsp pomegranate syrup or honey (Turkish supermarket)
salt and pepper
a small hand full roasted walnuts or hazelnuts
½ fresh pomegranate
- Put the spinach for 15 minutes on ice cold water to get crispy. Drain, and dry on a kitchen cloth.
- Make the dressing by combining the za’atar with the olive oil, pomegranate syrup and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- To deseed the pomegranate; Halve the pomegranate and beat with the convex side of a spoon on the peel to get the seeds out. Roughly chop the nuts and cook the chicken pieces (according to the instructions on the package).
- Gently combine a few spoons full of dressing with the spinach in a large bowl and transfer on the plates. Top the salads with the chicken pieces, and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and nuts.
Serve with the remaining dressing.
Serve as lunch with whole wheat pita bread, or as a main dish with roasted sweet potato wedges and feta cheese.
Friendly fried chicken skewers with guacamole, tomato salsa and coriander yogurt
Snack, 4 persons
cooking time 20 min.
1 garlic glove
1 small bunch of coriander
200 ml yoghurt
salt and pepper, cayenne peppera hand full of cherry tomatoes
2 spring onions
300 g ‘TrustMyChicken™’ fried chicken skewers
tomato salsa (ready-to-eat)
- For the guacamole; Halve the avocados, remove the kernel and scoop out the flesh. Mash the avocado pulp finely with finely chopped garlic and a few sprigs of coriander. Season generously with lime juice and salt and pepper.
- Finely chop some coriander twigs and mix with the yoghurt and season with salt and pepper
- Prepare the chicken skewers according to the instructions on the package. Cut the spring onions in 4 cm pieces and fry them together with the skewers for a few minutes.
- Serve the skewers with tomatoes and spring onions. Serve the guacamole, yoghurt sauce and tomato salsa on the side.